In conjunction with Water/Ways, the Smithsonian traveling exhibit, the LGAA is conducting an art contest that challenges participants to make works of art from plastic pop and water bottles, instead of throwing those bottles into the trash.
1st Place: $100
2nd Place: $75
3rd Place: $50
in 3 categories: K-5th, 6th-12th & Adult
Anyone from kindergarten age and up can enter the competition, which will have prizes in three categories. All entries will be displayed inside the VFW Hall during the Water/Ways exhibit, Oct.21-Dec. 7.
- This contest is open to anyone.
- Bring artwork and entry form to Locust Grove Arts Alliance, 114 E. Main or Wonder City Coffee, 118 E. Main by 5:00 p.m. Oct. 4, 2019.
- Email questions to: email@example.com
- If possible, email digital image of entry for use in promoting the show to above email.
- Attach a note to your actual artwork that has your name on it.
All artwork will be on display during the Water/Ways exhibit at the VFW.
Water/Ways has been made possible in Locust Grove, Oklahoma, by Oklahoma Humanities.
Water/Ways is part of Museum on Main Street, a collaboration between the Smithsonian Institution and State Humanities Councils nationwide. Support for Museum on Main Street has been provided by the United States Congress.
Water/Ways was adapted from an exhibition organized by the American Museum of Natural History, New York (www.amnh.org), and the Science Museum of Minnesota, St. Paul (www.smm.org), in collaboration with Great Lakes Science Center, Cleveland; The Field Museum, Chicago; Instituto Sangari, Sao Paulo, Brazil; National Museum of Australia, Canberra; Royal Ontario Museum, Toronto, Canada; San Diego Natural History Museum; and Science Centre Singapore with PUB Singapore.